There is a looming problem on my horizon. Dan Elkins is all geared up to catch horses in July so the USFS is likely to have a bunch. I want to train them, but I really don’t want to go back to the Browning Ranch.
- TOP 10 REASONS TO STAY IN LARGO
- My garden will die.
- My dogs will be a problem.
- My equids will be a problem.
- There is no shade and it’s hotter at that elevation.
- There is no shower.
- Have to use a port-a-potty.
- The noises there make it hard to train horses.
- Have to fight with Bob to keep him from messing up the horses.
- It’s like Grand Central Station with people always distracting me.
- It’s a hard place to have people come learn how to train horses.
I really wish the USFS would let me take 6 at a time up here. The USFS work is a lot less money than the Trainer Incentive Program from the Mustang Heritage Foundation and when you add it all up, I only make about $5/hour on the local horses because of all the non-training stuff like helping with gelding and dealing with adopters. But I love working with the horses and finding them good homes. It’s a problem. Some kind of solution will emerge before then.